Followers

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Hot Weekend ... Cool Solution!


What an unfriendly weather! That's what we had last weekend. Too hot to be out, too hot to be in. We did both, though. We went out and we stayed in, two different days. What an easy study!


For Saturday, we hosted a BBQ dinner at home for my stepson's recent graduation. My in-laws visited and it was a great family get-together. We watched Kung Fu Panda on DVD. (Thanks to my Sistah-in-law for bringing it.) I honestly haven't seen it before, since I'm not a fan of cartoon movies. (Well, I like some [i.e. Up], so don't crucify me.) I actually liked it. We have decided to watch part 2 during our next get-together.


For Sunday, we witnessed the Tour de Cure's finish-line performance of The Houserockers Band. Thank goodness for big, shady trees and tents! The whole event rocked! The event organizers served us great-tasting Angus Burgers! Yummy! I was glad to be outside, but the cool breeze got lost along the way. It arrived way late. *giggles* I totally salute all those bike riders, though. They raised a whole lot of money for Diabetes cure, and they survived that heat. Awesome people!






We ended up with a nice way of fighting heat.




How about you, how was your weekend?


5 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun weekend! I love the Bay Area but parts of it are just too hot. I liked living in the fog belt of SF. Our weekend was quiet. I coloured, and did a bunch of other things around the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sonnia,

    First of all, pleased to make your acquaintance. And thanks, JoJo, for mentioning my shy, humble blog to Sonnia :)

    Despite the hot weather, you did have some cool times over the weekend. The Bay Area is one of my favourite places. Loved to get there again.. That was some funky music. Even a bit of Edgar Winter's music.

    Take care and stay cool.

    Gary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gary! I'm looking forward to reading more of your blog.

      Delete
  3. And thank you for your thoughtful comment on my blog. Look forward to reading more posts from your good self.

    Greetings from England.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a great weekend. Sure made me hungry.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

Hey there! Thanks for visiting and reading my blog. I am so happy that you are here. I would love to hear from you, so please feel free to share your comments. Do understand that it may or may not be approved at once, since I want to review the content of your comments first. I protect my readers all the time, and I would not want to have something posted that would offend anyone. Have a wonderful day!