Followers

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013


Photo taken from here.

My blog is always delayed. My apologies. Still struggling with this cough, and the common cold decided to join its lonesome party. The more the merrier? Not really. Being on the optimistic side of things, at least, I'm able to accomplish little meaningful goals day to day. (Yeah, right. hahaha)

Thanksgiving Day came and went, yet I failed to write promptly about what I was thankful for. My favorite saying comes to mind, "Better late than never." How wonderful to write about Thanksgiving in December! That's optimism.

So, here it is, my Thanksgiving list:

1. I'm thankful for the toxic people who are NOT present in my life. God gave me the right path to make them disappear. Answered prayers indeed! May they all find peace on their own journey without me in the picture and without them wanting to be a part of my life. I have no wish to know anything about them. May they also wish the same.

2. I'm also thankful for the wonderful people who surround me: my penpals (random total strangers who became close to me through snail mailing), my band friends (who are music lovers just like me), my other in-person friends (co-workers, Meetup members, my social media pals--people reading this,--and random acquaintances), my adopted US soldier (for doing what he does so I could do what I'm doing), and those I consider very close to me (you know who you are). They keep me sane. Well, there are times that I get nuts, but they get nuts with me, too. If ya can't beat 'em, join 'em! I feel their wonderful support in everything, and I try my best to be there for them as well.

3. Thank you for my heart family: my wonderful parents-in-law, sister-in-law, and stepkids. They have all accepted me as their very own. I feel the warmth of their love, their friendship, and endless caring. I'm truly blessed.

4. I'm very thankful for my one and only son. Didin, mahal na mahal kita, anak. Be good always. I'm so happy to see you progressing in your studies. Study harder. Thank you for being you, and I'm so happy with what you are doing (working and studying at the same time).

5. Thank you for a wonderful husband who is also my best friend, lover, confidant, ally, and partner in crime (not that kind of crime!). Our communication is the best thing in our relationship. We laugh together, everyday, and it's the most wonderful thing in the world. I'm thankful for always having that feeling when we just couldn't wait to see each other, to share stories about our day, and to just simply wrap our arms around each other at the end of the day. Not to mention our non-stop texting and emailing daily, too. Thank you, Shaggy, for the honesty, the trust, the friendship, and the endless caring love that you give me.

6. Last but not the least, I'm thankful for the Big Guy Above. I know He watches over me. Everything that happened in my life happened for a reason. I am who I am right now because of all those incidents. I don't regret a single thing. It is what it is, and I'm walking forward with my head up high, praising Him and thanking Him for giving me everybody who loves me in my life.

The best part of our Turkey Day was the surprise birthday gifts and candled pumpkin cheesecake as birthday cake. Yum!



How about you, what was your Thanksgiving list?


4 comments:

  1. There's one super toxic person I'd love to cut out of my life.....my mom. I literally have anxiety attacks every time I see her number on my phone and/or have to go over to her house. She was in the hospital over Thanksgiving week so that was difficult b/c I had to make the long trip out there to visit, and then we had a huge blowout fight. Ugh.

    That said I am very grateful for my sweetheart and his family. They are my family now and I prefer their company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry to hear that. I guess I'm thankful for the big distance from mine. It's the only way to cut them out. I hope both of you find peace.

      Delete
  2. Hi Sonnia! Nice place you got here. LOVED your list. I, too, am grateful for the boundaries I've been able to put up against the toxic people in my life. Took me long enough. My list would be a lot like yours, except I have two sons, 16 and 14, and my husband is an engineer...we're high school sweethearts and totally in love, but still working on the communication piece...sigh. Coming along. Now let's get this sucker rolling again. I know JoJo isn't doing the Challenge, but seriously, it's the best thing that ever happened to my blog. This is my fourth one, and third year as co-host. At least check out our blog for info and consider. And then there's the part about me hounding you to death until you sign up...so consider carefully. Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated ;-)
    Tina @ Life is Good
    A to Z Team @ Blogging From A to Z April Challenge 2014
    @TinaLifeisGood, #atozchallenge
    http://www.facebook.com/TinaLifeIsGood

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tina. Thanks for the comment. I haven't made up my mind whether to participate in the A-Z this year. Aah, so many things to do. I guess, I'm running out of juice. I need my muse to wake up and stop being afraid of the cold. hahaha

      Delete