Followers

Friday, November 29, 2013

The Month of November


My blog site appears to be under an unwanted hiatus. I've been under my cough medication since Halloween (well, first was syrup, then gels... now, hot tea with lemon and inhaler... sigh). I'd blame the change of weather. Being tropical, Fall's cold and rain don't do me good. My medication makes me loopy and sleepy, disabling me to do my normal routines. My snail mail letters have piled up as well, and I've been trying to get caught up with them. That's in between of adding words on my manuscript, too. I'm not whining, just retelling what it's been like the first half of November.

The great thing about it all is having a loving husband. He takes care of me when I'm sick. Don't get me wrong, I do take care of him, too, in lots of ways. We take care of each other. That's what's important. We can't get enough of each other's company all the time. He has doubled his presence with me this month! More cuddles, more snuggles, more snizzles, and shizzles... Use your imagination. *laughs*

This month, is my birthday month. My husband spoiled me too much. He took me to different new places (it's not like we don't normally go to different new places on a regular day already...the whole month of November was filled up with small adventures!).

The first one was Chop Bar in Oakland, CA. We had brunch there on the 15th, and I found my favorite drink: Bacon Bloody Mary! You all know how I love red. It's the perfect drink! It had a great spicy kick with added crunchy bacon goodness. Perfect birthday drink!



He also took me to a romantic French restaurant in Fremont, CA on the 14th. Papillon served us great food: Bordeaux, Escargot, French Onion Soup, Filet Mignon, and Chocolat Au Ganache. I got a free dessert! C'est si bon!



He also brought me and my stepkids to a Sushi Buffet dinner on the 15th. I love sushi, crabs, shrimp...seafood galore! The restaurant played the birthday song and everybody, including other customers, sang the song to me. The server had a plate of dessert with candle and placed it on our table. He then started playing a gong along with the birthday song being played by the house sound system. I was embarrassed, but I couldn't stop laughing at the gong sound. It reminded me of a singing contest where a contestant gets eliminated with a gong. I had fun.



On top of that, he gave me a brand new Coach crossbody bag. I felt spoiled. Now, I have to really plan something big for his birthday next year. *winks* Oh hey, any suggestions?

Two of my co-workers also celebrated their birthdays this month. So, aside from them buying me lunch on the 14th, we had two other separate lunch escapades: one on the 20th and one on the 22nd. Too much food! I've been diligently walking or running up and down the stairs to burn off the calories. But, we all know the holidays are coming. More scrumptious food! It's a job for the eliptical machines after that. Maybe, I'd hit the dirt track or the lake trail. *grins* Meh, burpees at home will do, too.

By the way, my cough is actually getting better after all those Bloody Marys. *giggles* So, what have you been up to lately?


1 comment:

  1. Shaggy is a keeper for sure!!!! Glad you've been having so much fun and seizing life!

    ReplyDelete